Astrill Setup Manual:How to configure L2TP/IPSec with built-in client on Mac OS X
Attention! L2TP/IPSEC protocol won't be supported by Astrill after 1st January, 2021.
Click on System Preferences icon in dock.
On System Preferences window, under Internet & Network, click on Network icon.
On Network window, click the plus (+) button to create L2TP VPN connection.
Fill out the required info:
- Interface, select VPN:
- VPN Type: select L2TP over IPsec
- Service Name: type in Astrill L2TP VPN.
When done, click on Create button.
On Network screen, fill our required info:
- Server Name: See Servers List
- Account Name: Your Astrill username
When done, click on Authentication Settings... button.
For User Authentication, select Password, and enter your Astrill VPN account password.
For Machine Authentication, select Shared Secret, and enter way2stars.
When done, click on OK button, then click on Advanced... button.
Tick the box Send all traffic over VPN connection, then click on OK button.
Click on Apply button, then to connect to Astrill L2TP VPN, click on Connect button.
9. Once you are connected, you will see Status: Connected, and to disconnect from Astrill L2TP VPN, simply click on Disconnect button.
NOTE: When using PPTP/L2TP/IPSec VPN over 3G connection, make sure proxy settings are disabled. As it's likely these protocols can't work over proxy.