Astrill Setup Manual:How to configure PPTP on Android
Attention! PPTP protocol won't be supported by Astrill after 1st January, 2021.
STEP 1 - Settings icon
- On the main screen tap on Settings icon.
STEP 2 - Wireless & networks
- Tap on Wireless & networks.
STEP 3 - VPN Settings
- Tap on VPN Settings.
STEP 4 - Add VPN
- Tap on Add VPN.
STEP 5 - Add PPTP VPN
- Under Add VPN you can add as many VPN connections as you need. Let's get started, tap on Add PPTP VPN to create our first VPN connection.
STEP 6 - Add PPTP VPN Configuration
Here is a link to all Astrill L2TP, PPTP and IPSec servers. To make setup even easier, server names are the same for all 3 VPN types. https://members.astrill.com/tools/vpn-servers
- For VPN name type in Astrill PPTP.
- For Set VPN server type in GTX1.ASTRILL.NET (always check Servers List).
- For Encryption, un-tick to disable, it should say PPTP encryption is disabled.
- Once you are done, tap on Save button.
STEP 7 - Choose Astrill PPTP
- Tap on Astrill PPTP to select VPN connection we just created.
STEP 8 - Enter your Astrill account details
Before you can connect, you need to enter Astrill VPN account login details.
- For Username type in Your Astrill VPN membership email.
- For Password type in Your Astrill VPN membership password.
- Tap on Remember username.
- Once you are done, tap on Connect button.
STEP 9 - Astrill PPTP VPN connected
- Once connected, you will see Astrill PPTP VPN connected in title bar. This indicates that VPN connection is successful and ON.
STEP 10 - Check your IP
- Let's check your IP address just to be sure. https://www.astrill.com/what-is-my-ip
STEP 11 - Time to browse
- Now, it's time to browse the web. You can now access Facebook using your android device.