Do you feel like Astrill app UI is a bit dated? Would you like to give it a facelift? Are there things bothering you in the current layout? Do you have ideas for an amazing new UI that every Astrill user will fall in love with?
Good news. We feel that our app needs some UI refining too, and who better to ask than our valuable user-base who uses Astrill app daily. You know what you want from the app and you know what could be done better design-wise.
We announce Astrill app redesign contest.
Until the end of August, we will be collecting your designs and sketches. You can submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org until August 31st 2019. We will publish the top 10 on our blog in September and prizes for the best contestants are following:
- 1st place – 1 year Astrill VPN VIP membership
- 2nd place – 6 months Astrill VPN membership
- 3rd place – 3 months Astrill VPN membership
- 4th – 10th place – 1 month Astrill VPN membership
But wait – there is more. If we pick your design and use it in our new app, you will be awarded with lifetime Astrill VPN membership for your valuable contribution.
Details and suggestions
All designs must be submitted in high resolution in PNG or SVG format. To be considered for the competition, the design must include
- login screen
- main screen with ON/OFF button
- expanded server-list selection (if you use specific flag-pack, let us know which one)
- settings page
The following animations should also be included:
- login animation
- connection animation (when VPN is turning ON)
- general busy animation
You can create animations as animated SVG, PNG (apng) or GIF files. SVG would be the best as it can scale to match DPI of the screen.
Good design considerations
(you don’t need to follow them but in our opinion it makes application more usable):
- The things user needs every day are easily accessible – for example settings which are used frequently are good to be located in the main UI, tray menu / menu bar menus, etc.
- Account expiration and version number are useful to be displayed
We are looking for a unified design for mobile and desktop application, so take this into consideration when making your design. The app must be user friendly on both desktop (mouse+keyboard) and mobile (touch) environments.
- All applicants must submit own original creative work (not copied from others)
- All icons / images used must be without copyright
- UI must be in English